Data OwnershipWe utilize the data in your individual Mill Street account to assist you with support requests, troubleshoot problems, or monitor the performance and effectiveness of the Services. In addition, we utilize aggregated data across the entire Mill Street platform to improve its effectiveness, develop insights, or monitor the performance and effectiveness of the system.
Information We Collect and How We Use ItWe may collect the following types of information:
- Information you Provide. When you establish an account with Mill Street, we ask you for personal information, which may include your name, address, email address, phone numbers and other personal information provided by you. We use the data you enter to provide the Services to you and develop personalization of the Services. We also analyze all of our customer data in aggregate to understand more about the average Mill Street user.
- Contact Information. You may be asked for your email address or other personal contact information, which we will not share or sell to third parties.
- Log Information. When you access the Services, our servers automatically record certain information in an industry-standard way. These logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account. We use logs to improve the quality of our Services, debug problems, and track user trends.
- User Communications. Any messages, email or communications that you send to Mill Street may be retained so that we can process your inquiries, respond to your requests or improve the quality of our Services. We may use your email address and other personal contact information to communicate with you about our Services.
- Aggregated/Anonymous Information. Mill Street may also collect user information on an aggregate or anonymous basis, which shall not personally identify you, and disclose the aggregate or anonymous data to prospective partners or other outside parties for their use. Mill Street may also use this aggregate or anonymous information for various other business purposes, including without limitation, the creation and sale of other products to our customers and potential customers. This aggregate or anonymous information is not traceable to any particular user and will not be marketed or sold by Mill Street as a means for a third party to contact you.
Information SharingMill Street only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of our company in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any confidential personal information.
- You integrate your Mill Street account with a third party service or technology, which would have the effect of granting that service access to your confidential data via our API.
- You are an enterprise customer or partner, have contributed confidential holdings or securities data to the Mill Street Services, and have provided a mapping of your advisor’s rep codes or other identifiers to their email addresses. In that case, we will only share your confidential data as requested with those advisors.